Day 23: Simplify your Life: 3 No-Bullshit Uses for Obsidian as Your Second Brain
Tired of hearing all about Second Brain / PKM and still got no clue what to actually use it for? Here’s Three No-Bullshit Use Cases on where a Digital Support System makes sense.
# Explore your Personality & Achieve Emotional Wellbeing
The mental health benefits that Journaling yields are through the roof. Need I say any more?
Here’s the Process:
- Keep a daily journal
- Write with a focus on your emotional wellbeing
- Establish a Reflection Process
- Regularly introspect on your goals, progress and the path you’re headed
# Ace Your Exams with Obsidian: The Ultimate Organizing Tool for University Notes
I just survived Exam week. And let me tell you. The small bit of prior work paid of well.
Here’s three insights:
- Keep track of important Blips the Lecturer says
- Keep a Note of Exam topics. Use Bullet Points to measure your learning progress
- This prevents procrastination since you already have everything laid out to start learning
# Accelerate Your Research Journey: The PHD Student’s Guide to Utilizing Obsidian
When the time comes to writing your thesis, this will greatly aid you in connecting the dots.
Here’s the Method:
- Manage & Annotate Research Papers in Zotero
- Distill, Disect & Connect Ideas to other Papers to help you connect the dots.
- Use Higher Ordered Notes to Map out Overarching Concepts from different Papers
- Use Obsidian as a writing playground
- Checkout this example Vault that implements the above: https://github.com/rlaker/Obsidian-for-Academia
This is just the tipp of the Iceberg on how to utilize digital notes to become an asset to your life. There are D&D Game Masters using Obsidian for World Building. I started using Obsidian to manage my public website (Using Quartz: https://quartz.jzhao.xyz/). And the list goes on.
Hopefully this gave you some ideas on what to use PKM tools for.
First published on Typeshare