Day 25: The 1 Software Tool/App I Can’t Live Without As a Developer
There are two types of People in this World.
People that use a Password Manager, and People that don’t. Seriously, use a goddman Password Manager.
How do people survive without one?
It’s not just for passwords, you can store any information you don’t want to forget in a secure and effortless way.
I can generate Passwords on the fly. I don’t even look at them. The only thing I do need, is one secure Master Password. I unlock it once, and start working.
# My Hassle Free Password Manager: KeepassXC
There are many Keepass Variantes. I tested each one. This is the best.
- It’s offline. An encrypted database file I can see, not stored in the Cloud.
- It has a great Android App, which supports Fingerprint unlocking.
- It offers Smart Auto-Typing your Credentials. Anywhere.
- It offers a Modal to select which entry to Auto-Type
- You can Customize the Input-Sequence per Entry
- (I even use it for some Keyboard Automations.)
- It offers versatile way to generate Passwords
- You can use it as an SSH Key Agent
If creating an Account anywhere seems like a process to it’s own. Do yourself a favour and get a Password Manager.
Get KeepassXC here: https://keepassxc.org/
First published on Typeshare